NEW from New Nature Writers
Pop-In Writing Hour
Creativity Grows in Community
Free! New Nature Writers hosts Pop-in Writing Hours every Tuesday at 4 p.m. Pacific/5 p.m. Mountain/6 p.m. Central/7 p.m. Eastern. The Pop-ins events are a free, virtual writing space for writers writing and exploring within the Nature Writing genre. To sign up, please send Laurie Scheer an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Writing Courses
New Nature Writers presents writing courses featuring your personal Writing Rangers Laurie Scheer and Kristine Zeigler as your mentors.
Share your love of nature by writing about nature. Work directly with your writing instructor and establish your nature writing voice. All levels of writer are welcome – beginning, emerging and established.
- Explore your personal nature writing voice while taking online courses from home.
- Maybe you have found yourself wanting to express yourself about the current climate changes our planet has been experiencing.
- Do you or anyone in your group of family or friends have travel journals and memories that you’d like to preserve in a memoir?
How it works
You work at your own pace during the three month time period for each course.
Each course offers four lessons. You submit your assignment and receive feedback from Laurie. At that point you can rewrite your essay again and/or move on to the next lesson and assignment.
Laurie has overseen hundreds of writers achieve their writing goals. You’ll explore your writing voice, establish your slant and purpose for your writing and move toward completing your writing projects whether that be a portfolio of articles or a full book presentation.
Backpacking Necessities: Nature Writing 101
Learn what do you need to know to become a Nature Writer in today’s writing environment!
Trail Notes: How To Transform Your On-the-Trail Scribbling Into Essays and Articles
Don’t throw away those travel notebooks, revisit them to explore your Nature experience again and to utilize those writings within a larger body of work
Writing Laboratory: How To Be An Influencer Through your Writing about Nature
Focus on select essays of influential writers of nature to understand fully how their writing helped to save their environments.
Nature Writing – Then and Now
A look at the quintessential works from the mid- 19th to mid- 20th century in this genre. Explore resources from the past and in the current arena to formulate your point of view in the Nature Writing genre.
Fees: $125 to $175 per course
Contact email@example.com for more information. Your questions, concerns, and comments are welcome.
Here’s to writing to care for the planet!
New Nature Writers Writing Services and Opportunities
Nature Writing is one of the fastest growing genres. Publishers Weekly’s report dated January 7, 2021 listed Nature Writing as one of the most popular genres within the Post-Pandemic Outlook. (See link below).
Whether you intend to publish traditionally or self-publish, submit to contests and literary magazines or for writing retreats, we are here for you to assist in assuring your writing is ready. If you’re not sure about any of these resources, let’s discuss. Payment plans are available.
Complimentary 1/2 hour phone conversation available, please contact Laurie at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Writing Consultant/Editor and Mentor –
- Grammar and Line editing
- Developmental Editing
- Grammar, Line and Developmental Editing
- Constructing Your Non-fiction Book Proposal
- Constructing Your Fiction Book Proposal
- Composing Your Queries, Synopses, and Marketing Docs
- $7.00 per page – submit any number of pages – no limit
- TV Pilots & Bible Construction
- $6.00 per page – submit any number of pages – no limit
- All services include page-by-page critiquing, an overall summary of the material with notes for a rewrite, phone/internet-based call, and a second re-read of material.
- 1-2 week turnaround, 1 week rush critiques/edits available ($8.00 per page)
- Please submit your work in 12 point, New Times Roman font, 1 inch margins
Personal Writing Coach –
If you have participated in or heard about the successful Pathway to Publication program through UW-Madison, you know the benefits of having a writing coach. Laurie discusses your writing goals and establishes scheduled coach/writer meetings on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis via email, Skype/Facetime or Zoom calls. Your material will be read and feedback provided, all the while assuring you are reaching your writing goals and deadlines.
Fee: $50 to $200 per month depending on each writer’s volume of work. Sign up for 3 months, 6 months or a year. Ask yourself, “If not now, when will you write?”
If you are not sure of the type of coaching and/or critiquing you may need, please send Laurie an email at email@example.com